St John Ambulance was first introduced in Singapore in 1935. Shortly after the outbreak of World War II, the government re-assigned all St John personnel to form the nucleus of the Medical Auxiliary Service (MAS) which was part of the Passive Defence Services of Singapore and Malaya.

 

St John Ambulance was successfully re-established after the war. The St John Council was established in 1952 and became the National St John Council when Singapore became an independent sovereign nation in 1965. The National St John Council of Singapore was formally registered under the Societies Act in October 1970.

 

Today, they continue with their work for suffering humanity and assist the Republic of Singapore whenever called upon in all emergencies such as epidemics, clinic and hospital duties; the St John Ambulances also carry the sick and needy whenever requested. Brigade officers and members provided first aid coverage at National, public and other events.

 

Activities include:

  • Public duties
  • First Aid Training for the public, Police and Civil Defence Force
  • Home nursing and higher nursing courses
  • Officer Training courses
  • National Disaster Response
  • Non-emergency and wheelchair ambulance services.

 

Contact

St John Singapore

420 Beach Road

Singapore 199582

Singapore

 

Tel: (65) 6298 0300

Email: enquiry@stjohn.org.sg

Website: www.stjohn.org.sg